Europe & the Mediterranean Cruises
Cruise Ports - Cruise Line Deals
Cruise Shore Excursions
Ships always offer a wide variety of shore excursions for different ability levels and interests. Most cruise lines offer similar (even occasionally identical) excursions, and similar excursions may also be available at different ports of call during the same cruise.
Sample shore excursions:
* Snorkeling and scuba diving with knowledgeable instructors
* Horseback riding on beaches or through wildlife preserves or historical ruins
* Jungle canopy tours with zip line or other ropes course features
* Guided historical tours in air-conditioned buses, jeeps, walking, or biking
* Glass-bottom boat or submarine tours to view reefs or shallow sunken wrecks
* Sports experiences such as kayaking, hiking, golfing, or catamaran sailing
* Local attractions such as resorts, zoos, botanical gardens, and museums
* Wildlife encounters, particularly stingrays or dolphins as well as whale watching
* Party tours such as cruises, pub crawls, or beach breaks
* Helicopter tours of glaciers, ruins
Purchasing shore excursions after boarding may be limited. From the moment passengers begin boarding the ship, the shore excursion desk is available to answer questions and reserve tours. Passengers can pick up a copy of available tours from the shorex desk and should be available in your stateroom on day of arrival.